Last Days in Park City:
I had my last day at The Residences at The Chateaux on Saturday, April 10th. Skied at Deer Valley for the last day on April 11th with Jo and Charlotte. We had such a fun day!
Over the course of the next two weeks I focused on weeding through my belongings at my parents as well as my place at Woodside. I moved everything home and had to pack and get organized. In true “Jacqi” fashion I waited till the very last minute.
The first portion of my trip out to “The East Coast” will be spent with the George/Schnare/Orciuch Families!!!! Wahoooooo!
I arrived into Boston’s Logan Airport at 5:20pm on Friday, April 23rd. John “Johnny Girl” Schnare met me in baggage claim looking adorable in his “Friday Casual” ware. After many months of talking about this day it was finally here! It was great to see him again and catch up in person. We hit the streets of Boston in the Escape and kept our eyes peeled for a park. After an unsuccessful 20 minutes we retreated to the garage. Grabbed burgers and beers downtown at McGreevy’s.
We picked up the lovely Briana (Johnny’s 16 year old sister) and headed to Shrewsbury. I stayed with the beautiful Deb George! Even Kara came down from Plymouth to hang out for the weekend.
After a late night of chit-chat and a few hours of sleep we hit the streets of Boston. Nick (Johnny’s 12 year old brother) escorted us ladies into the city. It was Deb, Kara, Shirley, Briana, Nick and myself. We parked below the Common, walked to Fanual Hall and walked the streets, grabbed lunch at Quincy Market. Kelli, Jen (Johnny’s 24 year old sister), and Caitlin (an Orciuch cousin) met up for lunch and a canoli (my first EVER!)
We headed up to Holden for Nick’s first baseball game of the season. Then Johnny and Chris took me out for a Saturday night out in Worcester. While they said it wasn’t a “true night in Worester” we did have a good time. I woke up with a mighty hangover the next day. Slept it off, went for a walk around the pond with Lacey and the boys, and hand a family cook out. It was a lovely Sunday-funday. Unfortunately we stopped for a Mai Tai on the way home... went subsequently took my hangover to a whole new level.
Tuesday and Wednesday we spent hanging out, seeing the sights, and my personal favorite: SHOPPING. I was able to see HAMPTON BEACH, travel up to RYE, NH, through Portsmith, NH. This being my fourth time EVER to the east coast I’ve been able to add 2 more states to my list of places I’ve visited in the US. While in New Hampshire I picked up a new set of wheels!
A Raleigh Retroglide 7 in Pearl White with Cranberry Fenders. It is soooo sweet!
Miss Shirley and Miss Deb drove me down the Cape to Hyannis where I took the Hy-Line Fast Ferry to Nantucket. It was an adventure all the way to getting on the ferry (a.k.a. almost missing the ferry). However, I made it and was surrounded by an adorable boys High School LAX team. Three of the boys helped me with my luggage and bike. They were adorable, and sooo nice to help an old lady like me with all my shit!
I have moved into my “new place,” I live at 20 Centre St. which is basically RIGHT downtown and three blocks from my new job. I live in what I’d like to call a boarding house. There are 7 of us in the house so far. I’m not sure how many of us will be here by June. I’ve been told 15-20 depending on if there are couples in the house. I have a single room with a private bath. The room is a pretty good size, I have a queen size bed, closet, dresser, mini fridge, and microwave (which works 20% of the time= I need to let Housing people know).
So far I’ve worked a couple days at The White Elephant Hotel Residences. I have my work uniform, sponsored by Lands’ End: White cropped Capris, Navy Blue fitted polo with ruffled neckline, Navy Blue Sweater, Navy Blue Coat (for cold days walking around the property). All of the tops have an ADORABLE White Elephant embroidered onto the breast.
Nantucket is beautiful. I would have to say that it is the “beachy town” to Park City’s “winter wonderland.” This town is expensive. It’s has been nice to window shop. I plan on taking a day, hoping on my bike and just riding around trying to find new placed to hang out. I’ve only really seen the harbor area, so it will be nice to see some of the beaches on the other side of the island.
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
1 week ago