Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Davey "Hotdog" George

*** It has been quite some time since I last updated my blog. And for
that I apologize. ***

On the night of August 26th, 2009, I lost a close friend and co-worker. Mr. Davey George was always an inspiration to my friends and myself. He had a kind, warm spirit and a bright, energetic smile. I have had a hard time coping with this loss.

Dear Davey,
I love you so much. But this you always knew. You always made me smile, have belly laughs, and the occasional snort. We would talk, text, drink, eat, and play together. You were Mr. Adventure, always making me feel like a lazy bum. I will miss your rosy cheeks as you would rush into the lobby after a morning of skiing. Just in time for a quick shower and then straight to work. I will miss Concerts in the Park, where you would plop on my blanket and eat my cheese and crackers. I will miss peanut wars at Shucks, shuffleboard at No Name, volleyball at the park, bowling in Heber, dancing down the Grocery Store aisles... I will think of you every time I lace up a pair of skates, when the skies open up and the snow starts to fall, on my first "hike" of the season... Thank you for bringing so much light to my life. I miss your guts. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss your gin and tonics :) I will forever keep the memories we share with me!

Love, Jacqi
David William George
July 28, 1987 - August 26, 2009

October 1st, 2009
We held a beautiful service up Guardsman Pass, at the top of Empire Canyon.

We are so fortunate that some of Dave's MASSIVE family could come and celebrate his life with us.
We love you all!

Dave's mom, Deb and cousins, John and Pat

Shotski at The Spur for Davey!

Charlotte and I towards the end of the night.
Davey always did love it when we reached this point.
This is for you Davey!

Sunday, October 4th, 2009
A group of us drove up Guardsman Pass, and then hiked to the Jupiter Lift. We picked the perfect place just above the lift. And in the snow storm we spread some of Dave's ashes. It was such an experience. I am glad that we have such a great group of friends that we could do this together.

LOVE YOU DAVEY!