Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Catch UP!!!!

Hello all,

I really should get better about blogging and not just blog stalking... So here is what I've been up to.
I moved home from Nantucket on Friday, November 5th. It was sooooo good to be greeted by my family. To see a few friends, and to see where I would be living over the winter. My dad did a great job of finding us an awesome location for the winter.
While the house needed/needs a few repairs, it works for us. It even has a living room big enough for the Aussies to visit (two are here now, more to come).

I went to the UTAH/TCU game with Mr. McD on Saturday, November 6th. It was such a disappointment. I really wanted us to kill them.... Oh well. I spent good times with good friends and that is the best that I could ask for, at least for now. While the season didn't turn out as well as we all hoped, at least we beat BY-Who!

I started my first BIG GIRL job on Monday, November 8th. I am now the Front Desk Manager at The Chateaux at Silver Lake.
We are under the management of Stein Eriksen Lodge Management Corporation. Greg Gendron (my old boss from The Residences) is now the General Manager of The Chateaux and Residence Club.

It has been a bit crazy in the life of Jacqi. Learning the operations of a hotel you've never worked at before is hard. While I know Park City well, and Deer Valley even better. The Chateaux has been a different kind of beast. I am fortunate to have my ladies backing me (Carolyn, Stacey and Karen) They came from Nantucket and BOY do they know hotels. I am trying to learn as much from Karen as possible. This woman is a GENIOUS!

I miss my Crew at The Res. I miss them sooooo much. While I was in Nantucket I would call almost daily, and wish that I was back with them. Now I am soooooo close, yet sooo far away.
Charlotte, Jo, Me and Celeste
JT and I

I am so happy to be back in the mountains for the winter. With all the snow here, and on the way! There is nothing like getting out there and making some turns. I have a pretty darn cute ski buddy these days. And he just so happens to be my boyfriend.

Patrick and I

Pat has given me a new appreciation for skiing. I want to see more of what the mountain has to offer. To ski a little outside of my comfort zone. He is patient and is able to give me constructive criticism. (Without me freaking out, it's pretty much amazing).

Valentine's Day came and went, and boy are the flowers on my nightstand pretty. I'm so stoked to be dating such a nice guy. Someone that makes me laugh till I cry, smile ear to ear, and just want to be a better person.